Hydrogen Gas Generating System (Methnolysis)
The hydrogen gas produced from steam conversion by methanolysis is a hydrogen generating process developed in recent years. It is one of the processes used in producing hydrogen in the industry. Compared with other hydrogen generation process, it has the advantages of low single investment, easy operating, low transportation cost and has been gradually accepted by the users.
Main technology process:
- Carbinol is decomposed into CO2 and H2 under the effect of the activator.
- CO and H2O change into CO2 and H2 under the effect of the activator.
- Make use of the technology of the pressure swing absorption to decompose CO2 and a trace of CO from the decomposed gas and make comparatively high purify product H2.
Hydrogen Extraction System from COG in Steel Plants
PERIC, China can supply the Plant for Hydrogen Extraction from COG comprising of following:
- COG Desulphurization unit
- H2 extraction unit by Pressure Swing Adsorption
- H2 purification unit by Catalyst
- All valves, instrumentation, internal connection of pipes, fittings, within this unit etc
- Power distribution board and Motor Control Centre
- PLC control panels with PLC for the automatic control and operation of COG desulphurization and H2 extraction plant. Two sets of HMI computers, one HMI computer as operator station, and the second as engineer station to monitor the operation of COG desulphurization and H2 extraction plant;
The main technical specifications for H2 extraction unit are as below:
Impurities inside of product H2:
- CO content : less than 1 ppm
- CO2 content : less than 1 ppm
- O2 content : less than 1 ppm
- N2 content : less than 5 ppm
- Dew point of H2 gas : better than -70 Deg. C
- Pressure of H2 gas : Maximum 2.50Mpag